AboutThis section is a true "about us" section, at the expense of seeming narcissistic. Many of our customers have become our family friends and check this section at times. So, I try to update it for them every now and then. At the end of the day, we are people from humble beginning who have happened to be lucky enough to have met lots of very nice people, many via SORAsound.
Alborz. Like all "Alborzis," I remain proud of my education then. Needless to say, I will never send SORA to a boarding school, even if he continues not to kiss and hug me as much as I want him to. When I finished my high school at age 17, I was awarded a full scholarship to study international relations at L'institut universitaire de hautes etudes internationales in Geneva, Switzerland. On my flight to Geneva, I knew I was leaving Iran for good .... So what happens when you send a young, (girl) deprived Iranian boy from humble beginnings to Geneva? He goes boogying. I discovered a great disco, called club 58 and became their youngest honorary member. Serious. I normally was one of the first to arrive there on Friday and Saturday nights, in my pretty bell bottom suit pants. I danced all night to many songs, of course including the Village People and soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever. I was always a few steps behind the rhythm. Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun. Think of it as your vta being off a bit; you could still enjoy your music. Two years later, in 1979, I left Geneva to go to Denton, Texas (University of North Texas). Not exactly the cultural mecca of America, and certainly not the best place for an Iranian champ to live then. But Denton had a great subculture and a great music school. After a while, I fit right in. I did most my schooling in America and have the following degrees:
- M.B.A. (emphasis on organizations and strategy)
- M.A. international management
- M.S. computer science (emphasis artificial intelligence)
- B.S. computer science
- B.A. French
- EVERYTHING HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. This includes prices, specifications, policies, etc. Please do not assume anything. Ask questions before you make a purchase.
- Generous upgrade allowance.
- No refunds, returns or exchanges for any reason.
- Your warranty is the direct manufacturer’s warranty (i.e. not SORAsound) and not tranferable. In case of a problem, it is the manufacturer (not SORAsound) who decides whether the issue in question is covered under warranty.
- Once an item reaches you, it is covered by the above warranty, if applicable.
- SORAsound bears no responsibility for the use or misuse of the items purchased.
- In some markets the product(s) we distribute are represented by a dealer. if so, we will be happy to introduce you to them for a demonstration of our product(s) and best service to you.
- SORAsound reserves the right to refuse the business to anyone or any entity as it sees appropriate.
- All NEWS and BLOG posting made are accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time of the posting. If you are aware of any changes or corrections that need to be made to the posting, please use the LEAVE A COMMENT button on each posting, to write/recommend changes.
- Some postings may require verification of your information before publication. Any posting on this site becomes SORAsound property, can be/will be published or quoted at will.
- The statements reflected in each posting is valid for the posting, and does not reflect future changes.
- Any changes related to the postings at the future date, may or may not be reflected on this website. If you are aware of any changes that you think need to be included please use LEAVE A COMMENT button to post the changes you suggest.
- All retail prices may change without notice at anytime. These prices and their changes may or may not be reflected on this website. Please verify the information elsewhere if needed.
- I do my best to make SORAsound.com as informative and as fair as possible. In my dealings with you, I will be pretty open. But please know, I am not an unbiased, neutral party.
Arthur Salvatore's website. To me, this is the most informative audiophile related website in the cyberspace. You may not agree with Arthur but you will never question the man and his intention. He has taught a lot of us plenty. To this day, Arthur's website is one of the first places I turn to for audio related information. 10Audio.com. This is Jerry Seigel's website. Jerry is a fair reviewer and has great ears. Above all, he is a very good person. Jerry buys most, if not all his review equipment. He does not accept advertising on his website so he does not owe anyone any favors. For no fluff, no bias, thoughtful and professional reviews, I refer to Jerry Seigel's website. SORAsound NEWS listings. This is only a listing of SORAsound NEWS items. Helps you select which NEWS you want to read, or re-read. Go back and refresh your memory! All informative. SORAsound BLOG listings. A simple listing of SORAsound BLOG. Allows you to pick and choose easily what you want to read. All fun.
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org (This is probably the best email address for reaching us. Less likelihood of your mail getting stuck in the spam folder. We are very responsive. If you do not hear back in 24 hours, it means we have not gotten your mail. Please call. Thanks.) tel. 773.706.9705