Tom Evans Audio Design phono stages include:
- The Microgroove ($1,050) uses high grade silicon. The signal path is DC coupled. Built as a steereo amp powered by by standard industry voltage regulators. Like all Tom Evans phono stages, Microgroove can be configured to suit any moving coil or moving magnet cartridge. Great entry level phono stage upgradable to The Plus.
- The Microgroove x ($1,192).
- The Microgroove plus ($2,100) is a stereo phono-amp that has one of Tom Evans’ Lithos 7 Class A regulators in place of the standard industry regulators. This improves the sound significantly, lowers the hoise floor, faster risting and falling edges of notes highlighting the spaces between them. John Cage would have had a hay day.
- The Groove ($4,000). This dual mono phono-amp uses one Lithos 7 regulator per side to supply power to each mono signal path p.c.b. All resistors are Holco precision metal film. All silicon is premium grade. The regulators are powered by a dual mono mains power supply. Since its launch in the UK, it has become the industry standard. The Groove can be upgraded to the Plus spec.
- The Groove x ($4,725).
- The Groove plus ($7,600). In this design the mains pcb has been replaced by the Lithos 6, a complex class A regulator (as used in the pulse power supply). Its outputs then feed the dual mono Lithos 7’s on the signal pcb’s. The external mains supply box contains a 70 watt transformer designed and manufactured in house. This transformer has an electrostatic screen to remove any R.F. noise, then rectified, smoothed, and regulated before leaving the box and heading for Lithos 6. The ultra low noise and distortion of this product provide audiophiles with the greatest possible dynamic range and resolution available.
- The Groove+ SRX ($8,900) has adjustable load and gain. The Groove+ SRX,in addition to the loading pcb has a front end gain stage that has 50% less noise and distortion than the Groove and Groove+.
- Upgrade of Microgroove to Groove Plus ($4,600).