Tri Mai of Tri-Planar has become a good friend and supporter in the least few years. Aside from great music, we both share a passion for mechanical watches. SORAsound is pleased to represent Triplanar tonearms, or as I fondly refer to them, these jewels.
Triplanar Precision Tone-arm MK VII is a beautiful handmade piece of art that will sure help excel your music system. Triplanar has won many awards in the thirty some years it has been in production. It has a dual pivot design. Tri Mai’s skill as a watch maker has enabled him to make Triplanar a better tonearm in the last few years he has been at the helm of the company.
Triplanar tonearms offer adjustable azimuth, adjustable vertical tracking angle, and vertical bearing at record height. Triplanar tonearms are powerful and dynamic, true to music. These jewels come in black and silver, with RCA or XLR cables, or 25 cm box output RCA.
- Damped headshell
- Annealed-aluminum coaxial damped armtube
- Clamping yoke design that firmly couples the headshell tube to the bearing tube, making for a single unit yet allowing azimuth rotation of the headshell
- Silicone-fluid trough tonearm damping
- Bearings featuring hand-crafted, hardened and polished needle cones
- Progressive anti-skating design
- Sophisticated system of decoupled counterweights, allowing proper stylus force for any cartridge without altering effective mass
- Easy 3-screw installation, with no large VTA hole
- Type: gimbal-bearing tonearm
- Effective length: 250mm
- Pivot-to-spindle distance: 233.5mm
- Overhang: 16.5mm
- Offset angle: 22°
- Effective mass: 11g
- Bearing offset: 22°